- 1½ lbs. ground hamburger
- 2 (8 oz.) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (2 oz.) cans sliced black olives, drained
- 1½ tsp. garlic salt
- 1 T. minced onion
- 8 oz. container cottage cheese
- 8 oz. container sour cream
- 5 oz. can chopped green chilies
- 2 (8 oz.) Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 6 oz. white tortilla chips, partially crushed
In a skillet, brown hamburger on medium heat. Drain off grease. Add tomato sauce, olives, garlic salt, and minced onion. Mix. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350º
In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese, sour cream, and green chilies. Set aside.
Grease a 9 x 13 casserole dish with butter (or two 8” square baking pans).
Spread half the tortilla chips on the bottom of the dish. Cover with half of the meat mixture.
Spread half of the cottage cheese mixture on top of the meat layer, then top with half the cheese.
Repeat all of the layers. Bake uncovered for 35 minutes. Let stand for about 10 minutes.