Face painting brings a colorful and fun look to your face.
My kids love to get their face painted – ever since they were little. It’s amazing how a little paint can transform kids into animals, clowns, pirates – just about anything.
When they finally get to see themselves in a mirror they just light up – so proud of their new look. My girls especially love to choose butterflies or flowers. The more color and glitter the better.
To paint the face, I used a “coloring book” technique that worked really well. First I painted the outline of the butterfly and flowers. Then I filled in the outline with the colored paint.
This technique is easy to do and does not involve a lot of erasing (wiping off). I used an eyeliner and a paint that could be easily wiped off – in case I made a mistake.
And don’t be discouraged if it takes a few tries to get it right. Faces are 3-D and not an easy flat canvas. Plus, you’re painting with your hand up in the air. But, your child can lay down on a sofa or bed; it makes painting their face easier.
Here’s what you need to create this look:
- Glitter Fashion Makeup Set (IN STORES ONLY) $6.98 (This is the “face paint”)
- Rimmel London™ Colour Precise Eyeliner – White .042 oz. $5.47
- Cotton swabs
- Wet wipe cloths
- Small paint brushes
- Optional: Fright Night™ Frightening Lashes, Pixie Dust (IN STORES ONLY) $4.98
This paint set is nice for beginners to use and it is reasonably priced. A child or teen can use it paint their own face. Or Mom and Dad can use it to create a fun look for their child.
Here is what we learned when using the paint set.
- Paint wipes off if you make a mistake
- Pretty colors
- Easy size to hold
Not so good:
- Paint can smear, if you touch it. It does not dry.
- Crayons are hard to see on skin
- Glitter gel is faintly visible
- A few of the colors can leave light stains – but scrubbing takes it off.
We had fun with this face paint set. I like the “coloring book” technique. We loved using rainbows in the design. This set gave me some wonderful colors to work with.
So, give this face painting look a try, you and your kids will have fun!
Face Painting – Colorful – Directions
See you at Walmart!
Leave a Reply