Our love of making GIANT bubbles started when my daughter took it on as a science fair project. It quickly turned into a family project since everyone wanted the chance to help make them.
And, now we create GIANT, consistently forming, and long lasting bubbles.
Science fair attendees were impressed with photos of my girls with these GIANT bubbles.
Originally, I ordered some of the specialty ingredients at other places online. But, now we get the same results with only ingredients from Walmart!
So, we experimented with different mixtures for this bubble solution and are very happy with the results.
These GIANT bubbles were about 2 feet round and 6 feet long.
Here’s what you’ll need to make GIANT bubble solution.
- Great Value™ Spring Water (IN STORES ONLY)$.68
- Great Value Baking Powder (IN STORES ONLY) $1.24
- Dawn™ Ultra Liquid Dish Detergent – Original Scent 21.6 oz. $2.67
- Equate™ Personal Lubricant Jelly 4 oz. $1.98
- Humeo™ Glycerine 6 oz. (IN STORES ONLY- in the pharmacy – bandaid aisle) $3.88
- Very large pot or bowl that can hold a gallon of water
- Large spoon
- Large container (bucket )
- (2) empty 2 liter plastic bottles (To store the solution in. Do not store it in the gallon container.)
- Clear packing tape
- Alene’s™ original tacky glue
- GIANT Bubble Solution Label
This “bubble recipe” creates over a gallon of bubble solution. And it can be stored for a long time. The GIANT Bubble Solution Label is convenient for storage.
And in my next post, I’ll show how to make my “GIANT Bubble Wand”. The GIANT bubble solution and wand are a nice gift for someone – it will really put a smile on their face.
Use GIANT Bubble Tips to get best results.
I hope you have as much fun making bubbles as we (I) did. My kids were begging to take a turn. I DID have to test it thoroughly, right? Happy bubble making!
Bonus: Here are more fun photos created using our GIANT bubble solution.
GIANT Bubble Solution – Directions
GIANT Bubble Solution – Labels
See you at Walmart!
Leave a Reply