Don’t you just love this adorable little snow girl? She was so much fun to make.
Now I want to make a whole family of snow people! Can you believe she started out as a gingerbread girl? As I was choosing the ribbon and dress colors my daughter suggested she become a snow girl instead. I’m so glad she did.
She would look cute alone as an ornament or she can be sewn on an apron, pillow, or towel. You can change the ribbon colors, dress color, or add beads or sequins. She could be holding something as well.
The finished size for the snow girl is 4 x 5”. If you want to make her smaller, reduce the size of the pattern and use thinner ribbon. You could also enlarge her into a stuffed lovey. As I created her, I used sewing thread so the stitches wouldn’t show.
Here’s what you’ll need to buy.
- Rainbow Classic Craft Felt – white, pink, orange (IN STORES ONLY) $.23 (I used a shade of pink that was not available at Walmart.)
- 3/8” Offray™ swiss dot pink polka dot ribbon $ 1.00
- Blue and green polka dot ribbon (Not available at Walmart)
- Thread: light blue, black, white, light pink, pink, green
- 2 (4 mm) miniature black buttons
- DMC™ black embroidery floss #310 33¢
- Watercolor set with pink in it
- 2 mini 2/8” wide red Blumenthal Lansing Favorite Findings™ heart shaped buttons $2.29
- Thin silver metallic cording
- Polyester fiberfill stuffing
She looks adorable! So be creative – make her for an ornament, apron, pillow, towel – anything.
Adorable Felt Snow Girl – Directions
See you at Walmart!
Leave a Reply