Our GIANT bubble wand is easy to make and use. Over the years, my kids have made lots of bubbles with this wand. It will help you make perfect GIANT bubbles too.
We bought our first bubble wand at a craft show – before we had children. A man dipped a small plain wooden dowel with a rope attached into a bubble solution. And out would fly large bubbles (about a foot wide). It looked so fun and easy, so I bought the wand.
But, the wand was small and easily got tangled – it was hard for us to use.
So, our bubble wand design is simple. You start with a long wooden dowel (3 foot) that can be painted (or not). The rope is a “jump rope”, that is easily taken apart. And the plastic rings allow the rope to slide to create the bubbles.
Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
- Dowel ½” x 36” $.97
- Play Day™ 7-Foot Jump Rope (IN STORES ONLY) $.97
- Bulldog™ Screw Eyes 1-3/8” (10 ct.) (IN STORES ONLY) $.97
- Dritz™ plastic rings 1½” white (8 ct.) $5.43 (Online only order + free shipping)
- Apple Barrel™ Multisurface Satin Acrylic Paint 2 oz. (Electric Blue, Clover Fields, and Lemon) (IN STORES ONLY) $.87 each
- Blue painter’s tape 1” wide
- Paint brush
- Super glue – I use Loctite™ Gel Control
- Hot glue gun
- Large container (bucket or large bowl) to hold the bubble solution
- GIANT Bubble Solution
We made bubbles like this (photo above) that are about 2 feet wide and 6 feet long. I give tips on how to get the best bubbles (see GIANT Bubble Tips).
And you also need my GIANT Bubble Solution. You will find all the “ingredients” to make it at Walmart.
GIANT bubbles are great for parties or group events. The wand and solution make a fantastic gift for “kids” (of all ages).
My whole family has a blast making GIANT bubbles and you can too. : ) Making GIANT bubbles is cool!
Here are some more photos from our fun with this GIANT Bubble Wand
GIANT Bubble Wand – Directions
GIANT Bubble Solution – Directions
See you at Walmart!
Leave a Reply