These sweet eggs are colorful, beautiful, and delicate. They add a touch of spring to your home. And you can make them using simple materials. At our house, they decorate our fireplace mantel.
As I made them, I discovered different ways to wrap them. For my eggs, a pastel colored twine was wrapped around the Styrofoam egg.
But they can be made using yarn or embroidery floss. A satin embroidery floss would be especially pretty. You can use flower sequins too.
Here’s what you need to make them.
- Floracraft™ Styrofoam™ Eggs (4 pkg) white 3-1/16 x 2-5/16” $4.33 order site to store
- Hemptique™ Baker’s Twine 2 Ply Mini Spool Bag (6 pkg) creamy pastel $6.99 order site to store
- Dritz™ Applique Pins Size 12, ¾” 350 ct. $2.47
- Prima™ Velvet Rainbow Fabric Flowers with Pearls ¾ – 1” (24 pk) –Spring Mix $3.79 order site to store
- Sheer Ribbon – pastel colors (white, yellow, pink, and blue) 1/4” wide (not available at Walmart)
If you prefer, you could use strong bright colors. Also, you can use a larger egg. This allows for even more color changes along the sides.
In the directions I explain how to wrap them and then finish them off with bows and flowers. I loved giving them that final sweet touch on top.
I plan to use bolder colors to make an egg for each of my children. They’ll be happy to see that I used their favorite colors. These eggs would be nice gifts tucked in an Easter basket too.
Have fun making your sweet spring eggs!
See you at Walmart!